- I can't find a particular publication or form listed on this web site. How can I check to see if it is still available or current?
- What is Army Enterprise Content Management Services?
- Who should I contact to request a change to the APD Web site?
- What are the submission requirements for Army administrative (policy and procedural) publications?
- Is there a single point of contact to get the required OAA coordination chop for administrative publications?
- How do I submit a change request to an Army publication or form?
- Where can I find Army electronic forms?
- Are Army electronic forms available in PDF format?
- How do I obtain Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 (11.0) (Forms Designer Software)?
- Why can't I open forms with Pure Edge Viewer?
- How can I get the Lotus Forms Viewer and Silanis Software?
- Why can’t I fill out the dates of leave (blocks 10a and 10b) in DA Form 31?
- How do I obtain printed and stocked Departmental Forms (DA, DD, SF, OF and other agency forms) used by the Army?
- Why are some fields not functioning correct DA fill-able PDF forms?
- How to order the Adobe LiveCycle suite of software through CHESS?
- Can I delete a signature in the Adobe fill-able forms (PDF-F)?
- How do I request a print job from APD?
I can't find a particular publication or form listed on this web site. How can I check to see if it is still available or current?
Search DA Pam 25-30 (Consolidated Index of Army Publications and Blank Forms) to find the current availability and location of the electronic file of a publication or form. DA Pam 25-30 is an online Web application database that is updated daily.
What is Army Enterprise Content Management Services?
Army Enterprise Content Management Services (ECMS) is a content management system that provides Army users the tools to complete, print, sign, route, and store forms and publications electronically, regardless of location—worldwide. Please send questions regarding ECMS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should I contact to request a change to the APD Web site?
Contact the APD webmaster to request a change to the site.
What are the submission requirements for Army administrative (policy and procedural) publications?
The publishing request submission package must include the following:
• DA Form 260 (blocks 1 through 12 completed with signatures from your PC or PCO in blocks 18 and 20)
• Final draft document in Word (if a revision, also supply a track changes version)
• Figure files
• Completed DD Form(s) 67 for all forms action requests
The publishing champion (PC) or publications control officer (PCO) should submit the publishing request to APD at email@example.com
For further information on preparing and submitting a publication, go to the Publications Resources page on the APD Web site
Is there a single point of contact to get the required OAA coordination chop for administrative publications?
The primary point of contact for OAA coordination is the OAA Publishing Champion (PC) . The PC will coordinate the multiple required “chops” within OAA (RMDA, SPO, and APD).
How do I submit a change request to an Army publication or form?
APD has an electronic change request (DA FORM 2028) for users to suggest
changes that are forwarded to the form or publication's proponent. The
change request form is located on the APD Web site on the drop-down menu
under Publications (http://www.apd.army.mil/da2028/daform2028.asp).
Transitional Period for New Officer Evaluation Report (OER) Forms and Officer Evaluation Report (OER) Support Form
The previous OER and OER support forms (DA Form 67-9, DA Form 67-9-1 and DA Form 67-9-1A) have been replaced with new DA Form 67-10 series forms: DA Form 67-10-1, Company Grade Plate (O1-O3; W01-CW2) Officer Evaluation Report, DA Form 67-10-2, Field Grade Plate (O4-O5; CW3-CW5) Officer Evaluation Report, DA Form 67-10-3, Strategic Grade Plate (O6) Officer Evaluation Report, DA Form 67-10-4, or Strategic Grade Plate (O7) Officer Evaluation Report and DA Form 67-10-1A, Officer Evaluation Report (OER) Support Form dated March 2014.
Officers requiring an OER having a “Thru Date” of 01 April 2014 and later will use one of the new DA Form 67-10 series OER forms.
The new Evaluation Entry System (EES) https://evaluations.hrc.army.mil/ is the primary method to create and submit OERs. When EES is unavailable for use, fillable .pdf versions are available for use, requiring alternate submission methods (see MILPER MSG 14-098). Submission of evaluation reports by hard copy mail remains as an alternate method.
Evaluation reports not created or submitted through primary methods will require mailing completed evaluation reports to the HRC, Evaluations Branch: U.S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDV-ER (EVALUATION PROCESSING), 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department #470, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5407.
Officers requiring an OER having a “Thru Date” of 31 March 2014 and earlier will use a DA Form 67-9, OER to complete previous required evaluations. DA Form 67-9, OER will remain available until 30 September 2014 to facilitate completion of these required OERs having a “thru date” of 31 March 2014 and earlier. DA FORM 67-9, OERs are not capable of submission through the evaluation entry system.
All evaluation reports that require the use of DA Form 67-9, must be completed and submitted prior to 30 September 2014. DA Form 67-9 and its supporting AKO forms portal capabilities will not be available after that time.
Where can I find Army electronic forms?
To access Department of the Army (DA) electronic forms, visit —
• APD Web site and click on the Pubs/Forms tab.
To access Department of Defense Forms (DD Forms), go to
Standard Forms (SF) and Optional Forms (OF) are available on the General Services Administration (GSA) Forms Library at http://www.gsa.gov/portal/forms/type/ALL.
Please be aware of illegal forms on unofficial websites. Scammers are using these forms to steal Personal Identifying Information (PII), such as birth date, social security number, etc. When filling out a form, please verify that it is an official form, from an official Government website. A form should have an official title, a for use line that tells which publication prescribes the form, along with the proponent organization. A form number and date will be in the lower left hand corner of the form. The lower right hand corner of the form will contain the version number.
Are Army electronic forms available in PDF format?
The Army is currently in the process of transitioning its forms to a fillable Adobe PDF format. Once the transition is complete, the new fillable PDF forms will replace both the Lotus Forms in XFDL format and the non-fillable PDF forms that are currently available.
A form with the "PDF-F" means that forms are available in a fillable format.
How do I obtain Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 (11.0) (Forms Designer Software)?
Please click here: http://www.apd.army.mil/Home/News/default.asp#forms
Why can't I open forms with Pure Edge Viewer?
If you receive an error message when attempting to open a form in Pure Edge Viewer, the form you are trying to open has probably been upgraded to Lotus Forms Viewer. To view the form, please upgrade your Pure Edge Viewer Software to Lotus Forms Viewer.
How can I get the Lotus Forms Viewer and Silanis Software?
The Army-tailored Lotus Forms Viewer software, and the Army-tailored Silanis electronic approval software are available to Army users on the ECMS Portal User Center at https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/353688
NOTE: You will be redirected to log in to AKO
Army users can also find all the latest information about the Army forms standard at the Army Computer Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) site
Why can’t I fill out the dates of leave (blocks 10a and 10b) in DA Form 31?
When filling out a DA Form 31 (Request and Authority for Leave) you must complete Block 5 (date you fill out the form) and blocks 9(a) and 9(b) (leave accrued & leave requested) before the form will allow you to populate the dates of leave field in 10a and 10b.
How do I obtain printed and stocked Departmental Forms (DA, DD, SF, OF and other agency forms) used by the Army?
If you are an Army user and have an account with the Logistics Services Washington, Media Distribution Division (MDD) you may order online at: https://dol.hqda.pentagon.mil/ptclick
If you need assistance, please contact MDD Customer Service at 314-592-0910 (DSN 693-9606) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why are some fields not functioning correct DA fill-able PDF forms?
In order to get full functionality of the DA fill-able PDF forms, either Adobe Acrobat 10 and above or Adobe Reader 10 and above are required.
How to order the Adobe LiveCycle suite of software through CHESS?
1) Go here: https://chess.army.mil/, you must login with your CAC.
2) Click on the green tab that says, 'Software', then select 'Agreements' under the drop down list.
3) Click on the 'Adobe JELA' link. Here the Adobe Joint Enterprise License Agreement (JELA) explains the specifics of the contract, including, the Period of Performance and the Primary Goods and Services.
The BPA is open for ordering by the Army, Air Force and DISA, as defined in the Terms and Conditions of the contract. This BPA is also open to Army, Air Force and DISA contractors authorized to order in accordance with FAR Part 51.
4) Ordering Instructions: Before accessing the Adobe License Tracker below you will need to create a user profile via SharePoint. This 'SharePoint User Profile instructions' link is directly above the 'Adobe License.
5) Approximately 24 hours or so, you will be registered. Once registered, you can now click on the 'Adobe License Tracker' link back on the JELA Web page.
6) Login to the 'PEO Enterprise Information Systems Web site' via the 'Adobe License Tracker' link that is listed on the Adobe JELA Web page, which is below the 'SharePoint User Profile Instructions' link.
Any additional questions about the CHESS Web site or more detailed questions about the software can be answered by CHESS.
Can I delete a signature in the Adobe fill-able forms (PDF-F)?
You can only clear a signature that you've previously signed. You cannot clear a signature that has been signed by another user. This is a built in Adobe security safeguard. If you attempt to clear someone else's signature, the form file will become corrupt and may become unusable.
How do I request a print job from APD?
To place a printing order, OA22 organizations (HQDA agencies) should submit a completed DA 260 (Request for Publishing) or a DD 282 (DOD Printing Requisition/Order) to the APD Printing Support Branch
Army customers outside of OA22 need to submit a DD 1144 (Support Agreement) for all printing procurements within the fiscal year, in addition to a DA 260 or DD 282 for each individual print job to email@example.com
Non-OA22 customers also need to contact the OAA Resource Operations Center (ROC) (703-545-4869) for the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) information for acquiring funding. The ROC will notify APD when it receives the funds for printing.
A printing specialist will review specifications from the customer, begin the procurement process, and notify the customer of the actual estimated cost. The printing specialist will monitor the printing job to ensure it is completed within cost and delivered to the customer.