News and Information
Publications 101 Course
The Publications 101 course is a new outreach effort by APD to educate proponents and give them the tools to navigate through the publishing process and the knowledge to write better documents.
Schedule of upcoming sessions:
- August 19, Pentagon Conference Center, Room B, 0900-1100
- September 17, Building 1458, Valor Conference Room, 1300-1500-
- October 15, Pentagon Conference Center, Room B, 0900-1100
- November 12, Building 1458, Valor Conference Room, 1300-1500
- December 10, Pentagon Conference Center, Room B9, 0900-1100
If you are a PC/PCO and your organization has a minimum of 15 individuals who want to receive the Publications 101 training, please send an email to email@example.com. Include your
name, role (PC or PCO), organization, location, and number of participants.
If you would like more information about the Publications 101 training or if you would like to sign-up for one of the sessions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please include your contact information and specify which session you would like to attend.
New ALARACT Process
Click here for New ALARACT Process
Quarterly Publishing Champion Update
Click here for more information.
AR 25-30 Revision
AR 25-30, The Army Publishing Program, is currently under revision.
Visit the Publishing Resources page to access helpful resources for composing and updating Army policy publications.
Army Migrating to Adobe Fillable Forms
The Army is currently in the process of transitioning its forms to a fillable Adobe PDF format. Once the transition is complete, the new fillable PDF forms will replace both the Lotus Forms in XFDL format and the non-fillable PDF forms that are currently available. A form with the "PDF-F" means that forms are available in a fillable format.
New Army enterprise licenses for Adobe LifeCycle Forms Designer and Adobe LiveCycle Server/Reader Extension Software will provide Army wide designers a new integrated forms and digital signature solution in one software package, enabling them to open, fill-in form fields, sign digital signatures, attach documents, and save forms with the Adobe Acrobat Pro or using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. For more information, please contact the APD Forms Branch at email@example.com.
The Adobe LiveCycle suite of software, and other specific Adobe products listed in the JELA contract under Primary Goods and Services, can be ordered through CHESS.
1) Go here: https://chess.army.mil/, you must login with your CAC.
2) Click on the green tab that says, 'Software', and then select 'Agreements' under the drop down list.
3) Under ‘Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs)’, click on the 'Adobe JELA' link under ‘Program Name’. Here the Adobe Joint Enterprise License Agreement (JELA) explains the specifics of the contract, including, the ‘Period of Performance’ and the ‘Primary Goods and Services’.
Ordering Open To: The BPA is open for ordering by the Army, Air Force and DISA, as defined in the Terms and Conditions of the contract. This BPA is also open to Army, Air Force and DISA contractors authorized to order in accordance with FAR Part 51.
4) Ordering Instructions: Before accessing the Adobe License Tracker below you will need to create to a user profile by registering via SharePoint. This 'SharePoint User Profile instructions' link is directly above the 'Adobe License Tracker’.
5) Once registered, you can now click on the 'Adobe License Tracker' link back on the JELA Web page.
6) Login to the 'PEO Enterprise Information Systems Web site' via the 'Adobe License Tracker' link that is listed on the Adobe JELA Web page, which is below the 'SharePoint User Profile Instructions' link.
Any additional questions about the CHESS Web site or more detailed questions about the software can be answered by CHESS.
CHESS Help Desk
Phone: (888) 232-4405
Commercial: (703) 806-1019
Click here for the memorandum from the Executive Director, U.S. Army Headquarters Services.
Click here for the ALARACT for the Adobe Conversion.